Prime Minister Imran Khan meets Chinese President Xi Jinping in Beijing. — Photo courtesy: Fawad Chaudhry Twitter
Prime Minister Imran Khan, along with accompanying minsters, held productive meetings with the following Chinese companies:
- Low Carbon Recycling Park for steel, metal and paper processing for export purposes at Gawadar Free Zone, Having a capacity of 13.4 MT per annum. The targeted investment under the project is $4.5Billion. Expected to get implemented in 2-3 years, the project will generate 40.000 jobs.
- China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC), a subsidiary of Sinomach, to set up Pakistan-China Agricultural Science and Technology Transferring Centre on G-to-G aid basis. The Centre will offer agricultural mechanisation cooperation for improving yield of various crops and quality of seeds. They have also expressed interest in establishing onshore LNG storage facility with regasification terminal having an initial capacity of 4×50,000 Tons in Karachi on BOT basis with local partners.
The expected investment for Agro Science and Technology Development Park is $50Million and $500Million for LNG storage and redivision terminal.
- Zhengbang Group has signed an MoU with Fauji Fertilizers Company (FFC) for the production of pesticides and cattle/poultry feed. They also plan to to jointly develop corporate farming for growing corn and soya beans for export purposes.
- Royal Group plans to set up Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) free dairy buffalo farm project with an investment of $50Million. They envisage to develop four large scale buffalo farms with 8,000 heads for 16 Million litre annual milk production capacity.
They also plan to construct a buffalo milk deep processing plant with an investment of $30Miion. The proposed project will produce value-added dairy products such as milk powder, cheese, and packaged milk for local market and export purposes. Also, a buffalo embryos laboratory will be established to improve Pakistani buffalos’ genetics for increasing their milk yield.
- Challenge Fashion has purchased 100 acre additional land to establish special economic zone of world standards value added apparels including cluster of supply chain with an investment of $250Million. The proposed protest would produce exports of $400 Million annually and will employ 20,000 people.
- China Road and Bridge Construction Company (CRBC) in collaboration with Karachi Port Trust (KPT) will develop Karachi Coastal Comprehensive Development Zone (KCCDZ). With an investment of $3.5Billion, the proposed project will be developed and constructed in an area of 9.3 sq Km and will be built in the functional blocks including Binhai, Ecological Bay, Knowledge City and Global Blue Diamonds Island.
The project will create thousands of new jobs and would emerge as a hub for tourism, IT, fashion, media, finance, ports, and shipping services.
- Neusoft Medical Systems plans to focus on upgrading Medical Diagnostic Equipment (MDE), AI, academic and national service network setups with an investment of $30Million in Phase-I.
Neosoft will further set up an assembly plant of MDE in SEZ and STZ with an investment of $170 Million.
- Hunan SunWalk Construction Group has signed an MoU with JAZZ telecommunication Company to lay optical fibre cable network of around 100,000 kilometres MNA in all major cities of Pakistan with an investment of $2Billion.
- Flourishtech has signed an MoU with STZA and plans to set up a research lab for mobile phone parts, manufacturing and assembly in STZA, Islamabad for OPPO, RealMe, VIVO, OnePlus etc.
- Global Semiconductor Group plans to establish semiconductor testing facility in addition to research and development (R & D) and skills development training centre with an investment of $40 Million. The project is expected to employ 100,000 IT professionals.
- Letin Autos NAV E-vehicles (PVT) LTD intends to establish a production plant for electrical vehicles including manufacturing, fabrication and assembly in Rashakai Industrial Zone, KP.
The meeting was attended by Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Finance Minister Shaukat Fayyaz Tarin,
Information Minister Ch Fawad Hussain, Planning Minister Asad Umar, Advisor on Commerce Abdul Razzak Dawood, SAPM on CPEC Affairs Khalid Mansoor, NSA Dr. Moeed Yusuf, and senior officials of Government of Pakistan.